My Brother's Keeper
My Brother's Keeper Coordinator
The My Brother's Keeper (MBK) program at East Ramapo Central School District is part of a state-wide initiative.
National MBK Milestones
At the national level, MBK is focused on ensuring that all children:
- Enter school ready to learn;
- Read at grade level by third grade;
- Graduate from high school ready for college and career;
- Complete postsecondary education or training;
- Successfully enter the workforce; and
- Grow up in safe communities and get a second chance if they make a mistake.
MBK In NYS
In addition to supporting the six milestones set at the national level, New York’s MBK initiative is also committed to:
- Ensuring equitable access to high quality schools and programs;
- Expanding prevention, early warning, and intervention services;
- Using differentiated approaches based on need and culture;
- Responding to structural and institutional racism;
- Making comprehensive and coordinated support services widely available; and
- Engaging families and communities in a trusted and respectful way.
In East Ramapo, our 2018-19 focus will be on using differentiated approaches based on need and culture as well as engaging families and communities in a trusted and respectful way.