Family & Consumer Science
The goal of the Family and Consumer Science department is to prepare students for family life, work life, and careers. Our varied curriculum enables students to:
- strengthen the well-being of individuals and families across their life span;
- promote lifelong nutrition and wellness;
- use critical and creative skills to address problems in diverse family, community and work environments;
- develop skills for life management, employment and career development; and
- appreciate human worth and acceptance of responsibility for one’s actions in family and work life.