Pomona Middle School, one of two middle schools in the East Ramapo Central School District, was built in 1966. The school, in the northern part of the district, presently houses approximately 500 pupils. Pomona is a culturally diverse school serving a student body in grades 7 and 8, including more than 25 distinct nationalities. Additionally, Pomona houses a resource room center, as well as an English-as-a-Second Language Program. Pomona enjoys a rich history of excellence. In fact, Pomona's motto is "Rise Up!"MissionAs a unified community, the East Ramapo Central School District is committed to educating the whole child by providing a healthy, safe, supportive, engaging and challenging learning environment.
VisionWe will become proficient in all that we do.Efficacy Principals
- Smart is not something you are. Smart is something you get.
- Thoughts determine actions.
- Think You Can. Work Hard. Get Smart
- The Learning Zone is where you get smart.
- In everything you do, “Find Out How Good You Can Be” (FOHGYCB)
- Feedback tells you where your Learning Zone is and how hard you have to work.
- The Step-by-Step Method is a way of working hard to get better.
- Use Feedback! Think You Can! Keep Moving Out!
- Overcome Internal and External obstacles.
- Listen to your Strong Side and make it powerful.
*Adapted from the Efficacy Institute