This page gives you a sneak peek at what we will be learning this year. You can follow up at home and provide practice by having your child visit the student website links.
2nd Grade Curriculum Overview
English Language Arts (ELA)
- Communities (Urban, Rural, Suburban)
- Community Helpers (Careers & Occupations)
- Map Skills
- Holidays & National Observances
- Current Events
- Place Value to 1,000
- Number Sense (number patterns, skip counting, odd/even, expressing numbers in different forms--written, standard, expanded, and pictorial.
- Addition & Subtraction to 1,000
- Problem Solving
- Time & Money
- Multiplication & Division (0,1,2,5 and 10 facts)
*Students should be practicing basic Math facts everyday for 5-10 minutes. Mastery of facts 0+0 through 12+12 is expected by January.
- Unit 1: Tools
- Unit 2: Energy
- Unit 3: Living Things (Crayfish & Plants)
- Unit 4: Seasons
*NEW* Brain Breaks
Need an energy boost?
Click on the video links below.
09/04/2014 – School Begins
March 30, 2019
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM FRC Crayons to College Event
April 8, 2019
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM 2019-2020 Proposed Budget Presentation
April 19, 2019
April 22, 2019