Your attendance at school is important.
School attendance is a key component in school success.
Regular attendance makes a meaningful difference in your education.
How can you help?
- Attend school regularly
- Make a plan to be in charge of your attendance and your education
- Plan to attend school every day, as it will help build for your future
- Get to sleep at a good time each day
- Check your school schedule in advance
- Reach out to a teacher if you have questions regarding a class
- Know that we care about you and want you to be successful
Research shows that inconsistent attendance makes learning challenging.
The United States Department of Education notes:
- Children who are chronically absent in preschool, kindergarten, and first grade are much less likely to read at grade level by third grade.
- Students who cannot read at grade level by the end of third grade are four times more likely than proficient readers to drop out of high school.
- Irregular attendance can be a better predictor of whether students will drop out before graduation than test scores.
Make the difference in your education. Have pride in your attendance success!