Degrees and Certifications:
Dear Fifth Grade families:
My name is Mathew Malden and I wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I am so happy to be your child’s teacher for the upcoming school year! As a former student and alumni of East Ramapo, I am excited to be teaching in the district. Please take a moment to review some rules and routines of the class. These are just some of the things I would like you to know so that your child can learn and grow to his/her potential.
I am looking forward to working with you and your children! When we forge a positive relationship and approach your child’s education as partners, great things will happen!
- I keep a record of completed homework. It is essential that your child does his/her homework every day that it is assigned, as it is linked to the lessons from the day, and reinforces important concepts.
- If you are confused by the homework or have any questions, please write me a note to avoid an incomplete.
- Homework will not be given on most Fridays
- Tests in math, science, social studies, are given at the end of a unit. I will keep you informed on test dates and what you should review with your child.
- Please do not send your child to school with hand-held electronic games. These items distract other children and may get lost.
Thank you for your cooperation. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the upcoming parent/teacher conferences.