About Summit Park
Summit Park Elementary, which serves students in Kindergarten through third grades, is located on Route 45 in New City in Rockland County, New York. The principal of the school is Mrs. Kim A. Hewlett. The school, which is handicapped accessible, is situated in an ideal suburban setting.
- The school day begins at 8:05 A.M. and ends at 2:40 P.M.
- Children arriving after 8:20 A.M. are marked LATE.
- When picking up your child from school at the end of the day, please do not do so before 2:20 as instruction is still in progress until that time.
- Regular attendance is essential for academic success and is REQUIRED BY LAW. Excessive absences and/or lateness can result in retention.
- When students are absent, upon their return, parents MUST send a note (phone calls do not excuse an absence), explaining the reason for the absence and the date(s) of absence. A doctor's note must accompany a child returning after 3 days.