There are many benefits to studying a foreign language. Here are ten important reasons to study a foreign language, specifically Spanish:
- English is not enough! It's really important that you learn to speak and understand other people no matter where they are from.
- Speaking another language really makes you stand out from the crowd.
- You can travel to new places around the world and be able to communicate in another language.
- There are 21 Spanish speaking countries in the world with 427 million Spanish speakers with whom you can communicate.
- Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world and the second most spoken language in the USA.
- Learning a foreign language can help you understand your own language and make it easier to learn others.
- You develop 4 key skills; listening, reading, speaking and writing.
- Speaking more than one language increases your brain capacity and improves your memory.
- Studying a foreign language improves SAT scores.
- It’s an impressive achievement to speak a foreign language. You'll have more job opportunities and better options for your future!
Watch these two videos to find out more about how learning Spanish can be helpful to you.
Video - Why study Spanish? Part 1
Video - Why study Spanish? Part 2