It is my pleasure to welcome all of you to Ramapo High School, and to extend my warmest wishes for a successful school year. RHS has a long tradition of excellence in academics, athletics, activities, community service, and Gryphon pride. Our mission statement reflects our purpose - As a unified community, we are committed to educating the whole child by providing a healthy, safe, supportive, engaging, and challenging environment. Our vision is to be proficient in all that we do. We encourage all members of the RHS learning community to adopt a growth mindset in all that we do so that there is no limit to what we can do – together. We will help our children go “all the way up!”
At Ramapo High School the guiding principles of efficacy that help frame our work are:
- Smart is not something you are, smart is something you get.
- Thoughts determine actions
- Think you can. Work hard. Get smart.
- The Learning Zone is where you get smart.
- In everything you do, Find Out How Good You Can Be (FOHGYCB)
- Feedback tells you where your Learning Zone is and how hard you have to work.
- The Step-By-Step method is a way of working hard to get better.
- Use feedback! Think you can! Keep moving out!
- Overcome Internal and External obstacles
- Listen to your strong side and make it powerful.
I sincerely welcome your ideas, your feedback, and your support, and I challenge each of you to share our mission and vision for a successful year for all learners at all levels. I look forward to meeting and speaking with you about your child and about all of the students at Ramapo High School and I wish each of you the very best for the upcoming school year.