Annual Budget Vote and Finkelstein Memorial Library Election Results
The 2020-21 school budget was defeated. Denet Alexandre was elected to a five-year term as a Finkelstein Memorial Library trustee to begin July 1, 2020.
Budget Vote and Election Information
June 9, 2020 Budget Vote Counting of Absentee Ballots
Opening and counting of absentee ballots received through June 16, 2020 for the June 9, 2020 Budget Vote and the Finkelstein Library Trustee election will start Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 5 p.m. If not complete by 11 p.m. tonight counting will continue tomorrow starting at 9 a.m. until all ballots are counted.
In accordance with the federal court’s order dated May 26, 2020, voters should vote only on the school budget and library board, but not for school board candidates. (The ballots were printed before the court order.)
The annual budget vote for the fiscal year 2020-21 by the qualified voters of East Ramapo Central School District will be held Tuesday, June 9, 2020 per the Governor’s Executive Order No. 202.26. Qualified voters must mail the absentee ballot back using the postage paid return envelope to the District Clerk to be received no later than 5 p.m. on June 9, 2020.
If you have NOT received your ballot packet you can call the District Clerk at 845-577-6015 to make arrangements to pick up a replacement ballot packet.
** During the current coronavirus outbreak, District schools and the adminstration buildings are closed. **
In accordance with the Governor's executive order 202.26
- The Annual District Meeting has been adjourned and rescheduled until June 9, 2020
- All qualified voters will receive a mailed absentee ballot to cast their vote. A postage paid return envelope will be provided.
- Ballots will be mailed to voters during the week of May 26 - 30, 2020
- All absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk's office by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
To vote, a person must be:
- a citizen of the United States;
- a resident of the School District for at least 30 days immediately preceeding the election;
- 18 years of age or older;
- personally registered for School District Elections or registered for General Elections with Rockland County.
If you have not voted in a School District vote/election in the past four years, or if you have not voted in a General Election in the past five years, you must register to vote. All registered voters must use an Absentee Ballot for the 2020 Election and Budget Vote due to COVID-19 and the Governor's executive orders.
Register to Vote
Not sure if you are registered to vote?
Check with the Voter Information Portal
Not Registered? How To Register
You may register at the office the District Clerk by downloading a Personal Registration form and emailing a scan of the completed form (or a photo if needed) to the District Clerk at email@example.com by 4:30 p.m.on Thursday, May 28, 2020.
You may register to vote with the Rockland County Board of Elections. Keep in mind that the District does not control the time for registrations to be processed by the Rockland County Board of Elections. For 2020 we recommend you register with the School District as noted above.
A Rockland County voter registration form may be downloaded from their website