Answer the following questions when you evaluate a website.
Who Created the Site?
- Are they an expert on the topic?
- Is there contact information?
- *email *snail mail (postal service) *telephone and or fax
Who is the information for?
- Public School Students
- College Students
- Personal Interest
What is the domain?
- .com -commercial
- .gov –government
- .edu –education
- .mil –military
- .org –organization (usually non-profit)
Is the information current?
- When was the website created or updated?
- Do the links work?
- Are the links on topic?
- Is the website easy to use?
- Do you have to pay to use the website or is access free?
What is the purpose (bias) of the website?
- To provide information To persuade the reader.
- To sell somethingTo get a donation.
Click on the link below to use the online website evaluation wizard.