Budget Vote & Trustee Election Information:
The Budget Vote & Trustee Election is May 17, 2022.
ALL voters in ALL wards can vote on the budget.
In 2022, only registered voter residents of the following wards will vote to elect a trustee for the Board of Education who runs in their ward:
- Ward 2 - current incumbent trustee is Sabrina Charles-Pierre
- Ward 6 - current incumbert trustee is Yehuda Weissmandl
- Ward 9 - current incumbert trustee is Ephraim Weissmandl
Successful candidates for these three ward elections (2, 6, 9) will serve for the term from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025.
In compliance with the Federal Court Order registered voter residents of the other wards (1, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8) will only vote for the budget. They cannot vote for trustee candidates in 2022.
To vote, a person must be:
- a citizen of the United States;
- a resident of the School District for at least 30 days immediately preceding the election;
- 18 years of age or older;
- personally registered for School District Elections or registered for General Elections with Rockland County.
To vote for a Board of Education Trustee candidate, a person must:
- Meet the above vote criteria;
- Be a resident of the Ward in which the Trustee candidate is running.
If you have not voted in a School District vote/election in the past four years, or if you have not voted in a General Election in the past five years, you must register to vote.
Not Sure if You are Registered to Vote?
Check with the Voter Information Portal.
The Voter information Portal will be updated following pending Federal Court approval of the reapportioned ward boundaries.
Not Registered? How To Register to Vote
You may register at the office of the District Clerk by downloading a Personal Registration form and emailing a scan of the completed form (or a photo of the completed form , if needed) and a government issued ID to the District Clerk at email@example.com by 4:30 p.m.on Wednesday, May 4, 2022. Or you can drop them off in person at the Administration Building, 105 South Madison Avenue, Spring Valley, NY 10977
You may register to vote with the Rockland County Board of Elections. Keep in mind that the District does not control the time for registrations to be processed by the Rockland County Board of Elections.
Click here to download a Rockland County voter registration form.