On November 19, 2020, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced new expanded micro-cluster zones. Consequently, every school within East Ramapo Central School District was included in the Yellow Cluster Zone.
To comply with New York State in-person learning protocols in Yellow Cluster Zone, NYS has mandated that a weekly random selection of 20% of the school's combined total in-person faculty/staff and student enrollment be tested for COVID-19. To do this, the district is using secure software for randomized selection. Therefore, all staff and any students who elect to return to in-person learning may be selected for random testing until schools are designated to be Clear Zone Schools. Schools that do not meet the 20% minimum testing requirement must return students to all remote learning that for week.
Students and personnel who are identified to take part in the testing will receive a notification, which will include detailed instructions and a list of facilities offering FREE testing
Schools Status for week of January 11, 2021:
School Zone Status Cohorts for In Person learning Summit Park YELLOW ZONE random COVID-19 test due by January 22, 2021 In-Person and remote learning A, ABC, AA Spring Valley YELLOW ZONE random COVID-19 test due by January 22, 2021 In-Person and remote learning A, ABC, AA Fleetwood Elementary School YELLOW ZONE random COVID-19 test due by January 22, 2021 In-Person and remote learning A, ABC, AA
If you/your child receive(d) notification that you must test for COVID-19:
1. Please get tested for COVID-19 immediately. Please see other locations for Free COVID19 Testing below.You may choose to contact your health care provider and request COVID testing, or you may select from the list of facilities provided below. All of the facilities listed provide free COVID-19 testing. Any site performing the COVID-19 testing is acceptable.There will be onsite testing Covid testing at each one at the following schools and on the following date and times:
- Tuesday January 12, 2021, Spring Valley High School= 8:00 am- 10:00 am
- Tuesday January 12, 2021, Fleetwood Elementary School: 10:30am to 12 noon
- Tuesday January 12, 2021, Summit Park Elementary School=:12:30 to 2:00 pm.
The following is a list of locations with FREE rapid COVID testing:
- Dr. Joshua Chesir 337 N. Main St. New City 845-634-7900 By appointment only
- Community Room, Town of Ramapo, Cultural Arts Center, 2 Berg Lane, Spring Valley Monday - Friday 9 am to 5 pm 888-364-3065
- Refuah Health Center 729 N. Main St Spring Valley 845 -354-9300
- Dr. Andrew Satran, Advanced Pediatrics Route 202 Mt. Ivy 845 364-9800 By appointment only
2. Confirm that the test was performed. Click here (https://ercsd.rbocesnet.org/ ) to submit COVID-19 test information. After submitting your daily C19 Screening Questionnaire, a green button will appear on the bottom of the screen that says, “Enter Red/Orange/Yellow Zone COVID-19 Testing Certification”.If you have been notified, based on your Red/Orange/Yellow Zone School Cluster, click the green button to fill out the required information regarding COVID-19 testing certification and proof.
PROOF OF NEGATIVE COVID-19 TESTING: Proof of testing should include all of the following: name, addres, and date of birth of the individual tested, documentation with the result of the test, the date the test was performed, and the laboratory where the test was conducted.
- If you have more questions regarding the notification regarding COVID-19 testing, you should reach out to Chris Healy, Coordinator of Health Services at 845 721-3780 or email@example.com.
- If you would like to connect with someone in your school, please click here.
We appreciate your anticipated cooperation as we follow the appropriate procedures developed and implemented by the District under the guidance of the New York State and Rockland County Departments of Health.