Recommended For Parents
- Allow your child to read to you while you cook or perform other chores
- Read emails, letters, newspaper articles, etc., to your child
- Encourage your child to read to younger siblings
- Discuss literature by describing character traits, investigating the problem and solution, inferring the message of the story
- Have a variety of reading materials accessible for your child to read: magazines, cook books, newspapers, letters, etc.
- Take advantage of all the resources that your local library has to offer